EasyRawlins, a World War II veteran with a jaundiced view of the racist, money-fueled justice system. Mosely's subsequent mysteries move Rawlins forward in time they include A Red Death (1991), Black Betty (1994), the short stories of Six Easy Pieces (2003), Little Scarlet (2004), and Cinnamon Kiss (2005). Versatile and prolific, the author of more than 50 books, Mosley has written other mysteries, e.g., Fearless Jones (2001) and And Sometimes I Wonder about You (2015) literary fiction, e.g., RL's Dream (1995) and Fortunate Son (2006) science fiction, e.g. Blue Light (1998) and Futureland (2001) and nonfiction, e.g., Workin' on the Chain Gang (2000) and Life Out of Context (2006).
See C. E. Wilson, Jr., Walter Mosley: A Critical Companion (2003).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: American Literature: Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-