Meaning of writer
Pronunciation: (rī'tur), [key]
- a person engaged in writing books, articles, stories, etc., esp. as an occupation or profession; an author or journalist.
- a clerk, scribe, or the like.
- a person who commits his or her thoughts, ideas, etc., to writing: an expert letter writer.
- (in a piece of writing) the author (used as a circumlocution for “I,” “me,” “my,” etc.): The writer wishes to state… .
- a person who writes or is able to write: a writer in script.
- someone who sells options.
- a lawyer or solicitor.
- writer (Thesaurus)