wound: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wnd Older Use and Literary wound), [key]
- an injury, usually involving division of tissue or rupture of the integument or mucous membrane, due to external violence or some mechanical agency rather than disease.
- a similar injury to the tissue of a plant.
- an injury or hurt to feelings, sensibilities, reputation, etc.
- to attempt to heal one's injuries or soothe one's hurt feelings after a defeat.
- to inflict a wound upon; injure; hurt.
- to inflict a wound.
Pronunciation: (wound), [key]
- a pt. and pp. of and.
- wound (Thesaurus)