Meaning of worship
Pronunciation: (wûr'ship), [key]
— n., v., -shiped, -ship•ing -shipped, -ship•ping.
- reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
- formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
- adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
- the object of adoring reverence or regard.
- (cap.)a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually prec. by Your, His, or Her).
- to render religious reverence and homage to.
- to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).
- to render religious reverence and homage, as to a deity.
- to attend services of divine worship.
- to feel an adoring reverence or regard.
- worship (Thesaurus)