Meaning of worldly
Pronunciation: (wûrld'lē), [key]
— adj., adv. -li•er, -li•est,
- of or pertaining to this world as contrasted with heaven, spiritual life, etc.; earthly; mundane.
- experienced; knowing; sophisticated: the benefits of his worldly wisdom.
- devoted to, directed toward, or connected with the affairs, interests, or pleasures of this world.
- of or pertaining to the people or laity; secular; neither ecclesiastical nor religious.
- of, pertaining to, or existing on earth.
- in a worldly manner (archaic except in combination): worldly-wise; worldly-minded.
- worldly (Thesaurus)