Meaning of wisp
Pronunciation: (wisp), [key]
- a handful or small bundle of straw, hay, or the like.
- any thin tuft, lock, mass, etc.: wisps of hair.
- a thin puff or streak, as of smoke; slender trace.
- a person or thing that is small, delicate, or barely discernible: a mere wisp of a lad; a wisp of a frown.
- a whisk broom.
- a pad or twist of straw, as used to rub down a horse.
- a twisted bit of straw used as a torch.
- a will-o'-the-wisp or ignis fatuus.
- to twist into a wisp.
- wisp (Thesaurus)