Meaning of wiretap
Pronunciation: (wīr'tap"), [key]
— n., v., adj. -tapped, -tap•ping,
- an act or instance of tapping telephone or telegraph wires for evidence or other information.
- to obtain (information, evidence, etc.) by tapping telephone or telegraph wires: to wiretap conversations.
- to listen in on by means of a wiretap: to wiretap a telephone; to wiretap a conversation.
- to tap telephone or telegraph wires for evidence, information, etc.
- pertaining to or obtained by wiretap.
- wiretap (Thesaurus)