Meaning of wick
- a bundle or loose twist or braid of soft threads, or a woven strip or tube, as of cotton or asbestos, which in a candle, lamp, oil stove, cigarette lighter, or the like, serves to draw up the melted tallow or wax or the oil or other flammable liquid to be burned.
- to draw off (liquid) by capillary action.
— n. Curling.
- a narrow opening in the field, bounded by other players' stones.
- a farm, esp. a dairy farm.
- a village; hamlet.
- a town in the Highland region, in N Scotland: herring fisheries. 7613.
- wick (Thesaurus)