Meaning of whirlwind
Pronunciation: (hwûrl'wind", wûrl'-), [key]
- any of several relatively small masses of air rotating rapidly around a more or less vertical axis and advancing simultaneously over land or sea, as a dust devil, tornado, or waterspout.
- anything resembling a whirlwind, as in violent action or destructive force.
- any circling rush or violent onward course.
- to suffer the penalties for one's misdeeds. Hos. 8:7.
- like a whirlwind, as in speed or force: a whirlwind visit to New York.
- to move or travel quickly.
- whirlwind (Thesaurus)