Meaning of whatever
Pronunciation: (hwut-ev'ur, hwot-, hwut-, wut-, wot-, wut-), [key]
- anything that (usually used in relative clauses): Whatever you say is all right with me.
- (used relatively to indicate a quantity of a specified or implied antecedent): Take whatever you like of these.
- no matter what: Do it, whatever happens.
- any or any one of a number of things whether specifically known or not: papers, magazines, or whatever.
- what (used interrogatively): Whatever do you mean?
- in any amount; to any extent: whatever merit the work has.
- no matter what: whatever rebuffs he might receive.
- being what or who it may be: Whatever the reason, he refuses to go.
- of any kind (used as an intensifier following the noun or pronoun it modifies): any person whatever.
- whatever (Thesaurus)