Meaning of weekender
Pronunciation: (wēk'en"dur), [key]
- a person who goes on a weekend vacation.
- a weekend guest.
- a traveling bag large enough to carry the clothing and personal articles needed for a weekend trip.
- a small pleasure boat, esp. a sailboat, equipped to accommodate usually not more than four persons for a weekend cruise.
- a person who engages in a sport, hobby, or other activity occasionally, esp. on weekends.
- a minor offender sentenced to serve a weekend or series of weekends in jail.
- weekender (Thesaurus)