Meaning of weed
- to free from weeds or troublesome plants; root out weeds from: to weed a garden.
- to root out or remove (a weed or weeds), as from a garden (often fol. by out): to weed out crab grass from a lawn.
- to remove as being undesirable, inefficient, or superfluous (often fol. by out): to weed out inexperienced players.
- to rid (something) of undesirable or superfluous elements.
- to remove weeds or the like.
- mourning garments: widow's weeds.
- a mourning band of black crepe or cloth, as worn on a man's hat or coat sleeve.
- Often, clad in rustic weeds.
- a garment:clad in rustic weeds.
- 1797–1882, U.S. journalist and politician.
- weed (Thesaurus)