watery: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (w'tu-r?, wot'u-), [key]
- pertaining to or connected with water: watery Neptune.
- full of or abounding in water, as soil or a region; soggy; boggy.
- containing much or too much water: a watery paste; a watery batter.
- soft, soggy, tasteless, etc., due to excessive water or overcooking: watery vegetables; a watery stew.
- of the nature of water: watery vapor.
- resembling water in appearance or color: eyes of a watery blue.
- resembling water in fluidity and absence of viscosity: a watery fluid.
- of poor or weak quality; thin, washy, or vapid: watery prose.
- consisting of water: a watery grave.
- discharging, filled with, or secreting a waterlike morbid substance.
- watery (Thesaurus)