Meaning of washboard
Pronunciation: (wosh'bôrd", -bōrd", wôsh'-), [key]
- a rectangular board or frame, typically with a corrugated metallic surface, on which clothes are rubbed in the process of washing.
- a baseboard around the walls of a room.
- Also called
- a thin, broad plank fastened to and projecting above the gunwale or side of a boat to keep out the spray and sea.
- a similar board on the sill of a port.
- resembling a washboard in being rough and bumpy: a washboard roadbed.
- washboard (Thesaurus)