warmth: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wôrmth), [key]
- the quality or state of being warm; moderate or gentle heat.
- the sensation of moderate heat.
- liveliness of feelings, emotions, or sympathies; ardor or fervor; enthusiasm or zeal: She spoke her mind with great warmth. There was warmth in his greeting and in his handshake.
- the quality of being intimate and attached: All children need warmth and affection from their families.
- an effect of brightness, cheerfulness, coziness, etc., achieved by the use of warm colors: The room has warmth since it was redecorated.
- the means or ability to produce a sensation of heat: a jacket with little warmth.
- slight anger or irritation: Her denial betrayed some warmth.
- warmth (Thesaurus)