void: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (void), [key]
- having no legal force or effect; not legally binding or enforceable.
- useless; ineffectual; vain.
- devoid; destitute (usually fol. by of&hasp;): a life void of meaning.
- without contents; empty.
- without an incumbent, as an office.
- (of a set) empty.
- (in cards) having no cards in a suit.
- an empty space; emptiness: He disappeared into the void.
- something experienced as a loss or privation: His death left a great void in her life.
- a gap or opening, as in a wall.
- a vacancy; vacuum.
- counter (def. 10).
- (in cards) lack of cards in a suit: a void in clubs.
- to make ineffectual; invalidate; nullify: to void a check.
- to empty; discharge; evacuate: to void excrement.
- to clear or empty (often fol. by of&hasp;): to void a chamber of occupants.
- to depart from; vacate.
- to defecate or urinate.
- void (Thesaurus)