visor: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vī'zur), [key]
- (on a close helmet) a piece having slits or holes for vision, situated above and pivoted with a beaver or a ventail and beaver. See diag. underclose helmet.
- a similar piece of plate having holes or slits for vision and breathing, attached to or used with any of various other helmets, as the armet, sallet, basinet, or helm.
- the projecting front brim of a cap.
- a rigid adjustable flap on an automobile windshield that can shield the eyes of a driver from direct sunlight or glare.
- a means of concealment; disguise.
- to protect or mask with a visor; shield.
- visor (Thesaurus)