vision: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vizh'un), [key]
- the act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.
- the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.
- an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency:Cf.(def. 1). a heavenly messenger appearing in a vision.
- something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience: The vision revealed its message.
- a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation: visions of wealth and glory.
- something seen; an object of sight.
- a scene, person, etc., of extraordinary beauty: The sky was a vision of red and pink.
- to envision: She tried to vision herself in a past century.
- vision (Thesaurus)