Meaning of vibration
Pronunciation: (vī-brā'shun), [key]
- the act of vibrating.
- the state of being vibrated.
- the oscillating, reciprocating, or other periodic motion of a rigid or elastic body or medium forced from a position or state of equilibrium.
- the analogous motion of the particles of a mass of air or the like, whose state of equilibrium has been disturbed, as in transmitting sound.
- an instance of vibratory motion; oscillation; quiver; tremor.
- a supernatural emanation, bearing good or ill, that is sensed by or revealed to those attuned to the occult.
- Often,a general emotional feeling one has from another person or a place, situation, etc.: I usually get good vibrations from him.
- vibration (Thesaurus)