Meaning of various
Pronunciation: (vâr'ē-us), [key]
- of different kinds, as two or more things; differing one from another: Various experiments have not proved his theory.
- marked by or exhibiting variety or diversity: houses of various designs.
- presenting or having many different qualities or aspects: a woman of various talent.
- having a variety of colors; varicolored.
- different from each other; dissimilar.
- numerous; many: living at various hotels.
- individual (in a group, class, kind, etc.); separate: permission from various officials in Washington.
- several, many, or numerous ones: I spoke with various of them.
- various (Thesaurus)