Valencia: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vu-len'sh?-u, -shu, -s?-u Sp. b-len'sy or, for 2, 3, -thy), [key]
- 1909?71, Colombian diplomat and statesman: president 1962?66.
- a province in E Spain: the region was formerly a Moorish kingdom. 1,767,327; 9085 sq. mi. (23,530 sq. km).
- a seaport in E Spain. 700,000.
- a city in N Venezuela. 463,418.
- a variety of the sweet orange, Citrus sinensis, originally from the Mediterranean area and cultivated extensively in Florida and California.
- a female given name.
- valencia (Thesaurus)