Meaning of vacancy
Pronunciation: (vā'kun-sē), [key]
— pl. -cies.
- the state of being vacant; emptiness.
- a vacant, empty, or unoccupied place, as untenanted lodgings or offices: This building still has no vacancies.
- a gap; opening; breach.
- an unoccupied position or office: a vacancy on the Supreme Court.
- lack of thought or intelligence; vacuity: a look of utter vacancy.
- (in a crystal) an imperfection resulting from an unoccupied lattice position. Cf.(def. 3).
- absence of activity; idleness.
- vacancy (Thesaurus)