Meaning of uprise
Pronunciation: (v.up-rīz'n.up'rīz&sec), [key]
— v., n. -rose, -ris•en, -ris•ing,
- to rise up; get up, as from a lying or sitting posture.
- to rise into view: As we approached the city, the spires of tall buildings uprose as if to greet us.
- to rise in revolt.
- to come into existence or prominence: Many calamities uprose to plague the people during the war.
- to move upward; mount up; ascend.
- to come above the horizon.
- to slope upward: The land uprises from the river to the hills.
- to swell or grow, as a sound: A blare of trumpets uprose to salute the king.
- an act of rising up.
- uprise (Thesaurus)