upgrade: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n.up'grād"adj., adv.up'grād'v.up&sylpgrād', up'grād"), [key]
— n., adj., adv., v., -grad•ed, -grad•ing.
- an incline going up in the direction of movement.
- an increase or improvement: an upgrade in the year's profit forecast.
- a new version, improved model, etc.: The company is offering an upgrade of its sports sedan.
- an increase or improvement in one's service, accommodations, privileges, or the like: If the ship isn't full we'll receive an upgrade to a deluxe stateroom.
- something, as a piece of equipment, that serves to improve or enhance: a full range of upgrades available for your computer.
- uphill; of, pertaining to, on, or along an upgrade.
- up a slope.
- to promote to a higher grade or rank: He has been upgraded to senior vice president.
- to improve or enhance the quality or value of: to upgrade property by landscaping it.
- to improve the quality, value, effectiveness, or performance of something: Buy this basic computer and upgrade whenever you're ready.
- upgrade (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.