Meaning of unprofessional
Pronunciation: (un"pru-fesh'u-nl), [key]
- not professional; not pertaining to or characteristic of a profession.
- at variance with or contrary to professional standards or ethics; not befitting members of a profession, as language, behavior, or conduct.
- not belonging to a profession; nonprofessional.
- not done with professional competence, as a play staged or an opera performed by amateurs; amateurish.
- nonprofessional (def. 2).
- a person who is not a professional; amateur.
- unprofessional (Thesaurus)