Meaning of unload
Pronunciation: (un-lōd'), [key]
- to take the load from; remove the cargo or freight from: to unload a truck; to unload a cart.
- to remove or discharge (a load, group of people, etc.): to unload passengers.
- to remove the charge from (a firearm).
- to relieve of anything burdensome, oppressive, etc.: He unloaded his responsibilities.
- to get rid of (goods, shares of stock, etc.) by sale in large quantities.
- to unload something.
- to relieve one's stress by talking, confessing, or the like.
- unload (Thesaurus)