unhinge: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (un-hinj'), [key]
— -hinged, -hing•ing.
- to remove (a door or the like) from hinges.
- to open wide by or as if by removing supporting hinges: to unhinge one's jaws.
- to upset; unbalance; disorient; throw into confusion or turmoil: to unhinge the mind.
- to dislocate or disrupt the normal operation of; unsettle: to unhinge plans.
- to detach or separate from something.
- to cause to waver or vacillate: to unhinge supporters of conservative policies.
- unhinge (Thesaurus)