ugly: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ug'lē), [key]
— -li•er, -li•est.
- very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.
- disagreeable; unpleasant; objectionable: ugly tricks; ugly discords.
- morally revolting: ugly crime.
- threatening trouble or danger: ugly symptoms.
- mean; hostile; quarrelsome: an ugly mood; an ugly frame of mind.
- (esp. of natural phenomena) unpleasant or dangerous: ugly weather; an ugly sea.
- ugly (Thesaurus)