twinkle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (twing'kul), [key]
— v., n. -kled, -kling,
- to shine with a flickering gleam of light, as a star or distant light.
- to sparkle in the light: The diamond on her finger twinkled in the firelight.
- (of the eyes) to be bright with amusement, pleasure, etc.
- to move flutteringly and quickly, as flashes of light; flit.
- to wink; blink.
- to emit (light) in intermittent gleams or flashes.
- to wink (the eyes or eyelids).
- a flickering or intermittent brightness or light.
- a scintillating brightness in the eyes; sparkle.
- the time required for a wink; twinkling.
- a wink.
- twinkle (Thesaurus)