Meaning of tunic
Pronunciation: (t'nik, ty'-), [key]
- a coat worn as part of a military or other uniform.
- a gownlike outer garment, with or without sleeves and sometimes belted, worn by the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- a woman's upper garment, either loose or close-fitting and extending over the skirt to the hips or below.
- a garment with a short skirt, worn by women for sports.
- a tunicle.
- any covering or investing membrane or part, as of an organ.
- an integument, as that covering a seed.
- tunic (Thesaurus)