tub: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tub), [key]
— n., v., tubbed, tub•bing.
- a bathtub.
- a broad, round, open, wooden container, usually made of staves held together by hoops and fitted around a flat bottom.
- any of various containers resembling or suggesting a tub: a tub for washing clothes.
- the amount a tub will hold.
- a short and fat person.
- an old, slow, or clumsy vessel.
- a bath in a bathtub.
- an ore car; tram.
- a two-seat aircraft, esp. a trainer.
- to place or keep in a tub.
- to bathe in a bathtub.
- to bathe oneself in a bathtub.
- to undergo washing, esp. without damage, as a fabric: This cotton print tubs well.
- tub (Thesaurus)