Meaning of tropical
Pronunciation: (trop'i-kul for 1–4, 6 trō'pi-kul for 5), [key]
- pertaining to, characteristic of, occurring in, or inhabiting the tropics, esp. the humid tropics: tropical flowers.
- very hot and humid: a tropical climate.
- designed for use in the tropics or in very hot weather (often used in combination): tropical-weight woolens.
- of or pertaining to either or both of the astronomical tropics.
- pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a trope or tropes; metaphorical.
- lightweight clothing, suitable for warm, esp. summer weather.
- tropical (Thesaurus)