trivial: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (triv'ē-ul), [key]
- of very little importance or value; insignificant: Don't bother me with trivial matters.
- commonplace; ordinary.
- (of names of organisms) specific, as distinguished from generic.
- noting a solution of an equation in which the value of every variable of the equation is equal to zero.
- (of a theorem, proof, or the like) simple, transparent, or immediately evident.
- (of names of chemical compounds) derived from the natural source, or of historic origin, and not according to the systematic nomenclature: Picric acid is the trivial name of 2,4,6-trinitrophenol.
- trivial (Thesaurus)