Meaning of triple
Pronunciation: (trip'ul), [key]
— adj., n., v., -pled, -pling.
- threefold; consisting of three parts: a triple knot.
- of three kinds; threefold in character or relationship.
- three times as great.
- an amount, number, etc., three times as great as another.
- a group, set, or series of three; something threefold; triad.
- Also calleda base hit that enables a batter to reach third base safely.
- three strikes in succession.
- to make triple.
- to cause to come into home plate by a triple: to triple a runner home; to triple a run in.
- to become triple.
- to make a triple.
- triple (Thesaurus)