Meaning of triangle
Pronunciation: (trī'ang"gul), [key]
- a closed plane figure having three sides and three angles.
- a flat triangular piece, usually of plastic, with straight edges, used in connection with a T square for drawing perpendicular lines, geometric figures, etc.
- any three-cornered or three-sided figure, object, or piece: a triangle of land.
- a musical percussion instrument that consists of a steel triangle, open at one corner, that is struck with a steel rod.
- a group of three; triad.
- a situation involving three persons, esp. one in which two of them are in love with the third.
- (cap.) the constellation Triangulum.
- triangle (Thesaurus)