Meaning of trespass
Pronunciation: (tres'pus, -pas), [key]
- an unlawful act causing injury to the person, property, or rights of another, committed with force or violence, actual or implied.
- a wrongful entry upon the lands of another.
- the action to recover damages for such an injury.
- an encroachment or intrusion.
- an offense, sin, or wrong.
- to commit a trespass.
- to encroach on a person's privacy, time, etc.; infringe (usually fol. by on or upon).
- to commit a transgression or offense; transgress; offend; sin.
- trespass (Thesaurus)