treasury: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trezh'u-rē), [key]
— pl. -ur•ies.
- a place where the funds of the government, of a corporation, or the like are deposited, kept, and disbursed.
- funds or revenue of a government, public or private corporation, etc.
- (cap.) the department of government that has control over the collection, management, and disbursement of the public revenue.
- a building, room, chest, or other place for the preservation of treasure or valuable objects.
- a collection or supply of excellent or highly prized writings, works of art, etc.: a treasury of American poetry.
- Treasury bills, bonds, and notes.
- treasury (Thesaurus)