Meaning of transverse
Pronunciation: (trans-vûrs', tranz- trans'vûrs, tranz'-), [key]
- lying or extending across or in a cross direction; cross.
- (of a flute) having a mouth hole in the side of the tube, near its end, across which the player's breath is directed. Cf. end-blown.
- (of an automotive engine) mounted with the crankshaft oriented sideways.
- something that is transverse.
- See web frame.
- See transverse axis.
- a city road that cuts through a park or other area of light traffic; shortcut.
- transverse (Thesaurus)