transportation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trans"pur-tā'shun), [key]
- the act of transporting.
- the state of being transported.
- the means of transport or conveyance.
- the business of conveying people, goods, etc.
- price of travel or transport by public conveyance; fare.
- tickets or permits for transport or travel.
- banishment, as of a criminal to a penal colony; deportation.
- (cap.) Also called Transporta&prim;tion Depart&sec;ment.the Department of Transportation.
- transportation (Thesaurus)