Meaning of transplant
Pronunciation: (v.trans-plant', -plänt'n.trans'plant&sec, -plänt&sec), [key]
- to remove (a plant) from one place and plant it in another.
- to transfer (an organ, tissue, etc.) from one part of the body to another or from one person or animal to another.
- to move from one place to another.
- to bring (a family, colony, etc.) from one country, region, etc., to another for settlement; relocate.
- to undergo or accept transplanting: to transplant easily.
- the act or process of transplanting.
- a plant, organ, person, etc., that has been transplanted.
- transplant (Thesaurus)