Meaning of transition
Pronunciation: (tran-zish'un, -sish'-), [key]
- movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change: the transition from adolescence to adulthood.
- a passing from one key to another; modulation.
- a brief modulation; a modulation used in passing.
- a sudden, unprepared modulation.
- a passage from one scene to another by sound effects, music, etc., as in a television program, theatrical production, or the like.
- to make a transition: He had difficulty transitioning from enlisted man to officer.
- transition (Thesaurus)