transient: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tran'shunt, -zhunt, -zē-unt), [key]
- not lasting, enduring, or permanent; transitory.
- lasting only a short time; existing briefly; temporary: transient authority.
- staying only a short time: the transient guests at a hotel.
- a person or thing that is transient, esp. a temporary guest, boarder, laborer, or the like.
- a function that tends to zero as the independent variable tends to infinity.
- a solution, esp. of a differential equation, having this property.
- a nonperiodic signal of short duration.
- a decaying signal, wave, or oscillation.
- a sudden pulse of voltage or current.
- transient (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.