Meaning of traction
Pronunciation: (trak'shun), [key]
- the adhesive friction of a body on some surface, as a wheel on a rail or a tire on a road.
- the action of drawing a body, vehicle, train, or the like, along a surface, as a road, track, railroad, or waterway.
- the deliberate and prolonged pulling of a muscle, organ, or the like, as by weights, to correct dislocation, relieve pressure, etc.
- transportation by means of railroads.
- the act of drawing or pulling.
- the state of being drawn.
- attracting power or influence; attraction.
- traction (Thesaurus)