Meaning of tout
Pronunciation: (tout), [key]
— Informal. Informal.
- to solicit business, employment, votes, or the like, importunately.
- to act as a tout.
- to solicit support for importunately.
- to describe or advertise boastfully; publicize or promote; praise extravagantly: a highly touted nightclub.
- to provide information on (a horse) running in a particular race, esp. for a fee.
- to spy on (a horse in training) in order to gain information for the purpose of betting.
- to watch; spy on.
- a person who solicits business, employment, support, or the like, importunately.
- a person who gives information on a horse, esp. for a fee.
- Chiefly Brit.a person who spies on a horse in training for the purpose of betting.
- a ticket scalper.
- tout (Thesaurus)