Meaning of topside
Pronunciation: (top'sīd"), [key]
- the upper side.
- Usually,the outer surface of a hull above the water.
- the most authoritative position or level.
- a cut of beef similar to a U.S. rump roast. Cf. silverside (def. 1).
- the top or outer side of a round of beef; beef from the outer thigh of a butchered cow.
- of, pertaining to, or located on the topside.
- of the most authoritative rank.
- up on the deck: He left the engine room and went topside.
- to, toward, or at the topside.
- topside (Thesaurus)