Meaning of toilet
Pronunciation: (toi'lit), [key]
- a bathroom fixture consisting of a bowl, usually with a detachable, hinged seat and lid, and a device for flushing with water, used for defecation and urination.
- a lavatory.
- a bathroom.
- a dressing room, esp. one containing a bath.
- the act or process of dressing or grooming oneself, including bathing and arranging the hair: to make one's toilet; busy at her toilet.
- the dress or costume of a person; any particular costume: toilet of white silk.
- the cleansing of a part after childbirth or a wound after an operation.
- toilet (Thesaurus)