Meaning of tiptoe
Pronunciation: (tip'tō"), [key]
— n., v., adj., adv. -toed, -toe•ing,
- the tip or end of a toe.
- With Christmas coming, the children were on tiptoe.
- on the tips of one's toes.
- expectant; eager:With Christmas coming, the children were on tiptoe.
- stealthily; cautiously:The concert had already begun, so he entered the back of the hall on tiptoe.
- to move or go on tiptoe, as with caution or stealth: She tiptoed out of the room.
- characterized by standing or walking on tiptoe.
- straining upward.
- eagerly expectant.
- cautious; stealthy.
- eagerly or cautiously; on tiptoe.
- tiptoe (Thesaurus)