Meaning of tinkle
Pronunciation: (ting'kul), [key]
— v., n. -kled, -kling,
- to give forth or make a succession of short, light, ringing sounds, as a small bell.
- to run one's fingers lightly over a keyboard instrument or to play such an instrument simply or badly.
- to urinate.
- to cause to tinkle or jingle: The goat tinkled its bell every time it raised its head. Who's tinkling the piano?
- to make known, call attention to, attract, or summon by tinkling.
- a tinkling sound or tune.
- an act or instance of tinkling.
- a telephone call: Give me a tinkle before you leave for Europe.
- tinkle (Thesaurus)