Meaning of tincture
Pronunciation: (tingk'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a solution of alcohol or of alcohol and water, containing animal, vegetable, or chemical drugs.
- a slight infusion, as of some element or quality: A tincture of education had softened his rude manners.
- a trace; a smack or smattering; tinge: a tincture of irony.
- any of the colors, metals, or furs used for the fields, charges, etc., of an escutcheon or achievement of arms.
- a dye or pigment.
- to impart a tint or color to; tinge.
- to imbue or infuse with something.
- tincture (Thesaurus)