timing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tī'ming), [key]
- a synchronizing of the various parts of a production for theatrical effect.
- the result or effect thus achieved.
- (in acting) the act of adjusting one's tempo of speaking and moving for dramatic effect.
- the control of the speed of a stroke, blow, etc., in order that it may reach its maximum at the proper moment.
- the selecting of the best time or speed for doing something in order to achieve the desired or maximum result: I went to ask for a raise, but my timing was bad, since the boss had indigestion.
- an act or instance of observing and recording the elapsed time of an act, contest, process, etc.
- timing (Thesaurus)